Magic isn't just for witches and wizards

I so wanted to post last week, but life happened! My oldest son broke his arm and as mommy, I was more than happy to press pause on everything else to make sure my dude received all the help he needed adjusting to life with a cast. Now he's back in school, and I have the time to give a shout out to...

WITCHES AND WIZARDS!

Unlike zombies, I haven't read any genre mash-ups with witches or wizards, but if you have, please tell me so I can put those titles on my TBR list. :)

Why do I think witches and wizards are awesome?

They have power(s) to change the world around them and influence people whether for good or bad. Their choices make a difference in the world that they live in.

And my answer got me thinking. I want to make a difference and influence people. I want to change the world for good, and I can! You can! We have the power of happiness, kindness, goodness, the ability to build confidence in others, eliminate their loneliness, heal their wounds, and give them hope. Those things are tangible and lasting in our world. Heck, loving each other changes lives for a lifetime. So let's wield some real magic this Halloween. :)

Now, on to some of my all-time favorite witch and wizard stories:

Hocus Pocus, The Witches, Practical Magic, Narnia's White Witch, Witches of East End, The Witches of Eastwick, Bonnie from the TVD, The Craft, and all the Harry Potter and The Lord of the Ring books and movies.

And here are some books that I love that are simply magical, not necessarily about witches or wizards:

   

  

  


How about you? What are some of your favorite magical books or witches and wizards? Why do you like them?

*book covers from goodreads*

Comments

Popular Posts