Happy Halloween!




I couldn't pass up Halloween and not write about my love for vampires! It all started when I watched Interview with a Vampire and all the Blade movies a long, long, long time ago. I literally had to drag my friends with me to watch them. Next came Queen of the Dammed and Bram Stroker's Dracula and then...Twilight, a totally different kind of vampire (and my friends willingly went with me!) as was Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Daylight was an interesting take on the undead as well as Let the Right One In. The TV shows True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Dracula are always fun to watch too. I haven't seen the most recent Dracula movie, but it's on my must-see list.

As much as I love movies and TV shows about vamps, I also love books about them. Some of my recent favorites are Holly Black's The Coldest Girl in ColdtownJulie Kagawa's Blood of Eden series, and Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse novels. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White is also wonderful and full of a very different kind of vampire.

The most intriguing thing for me about vampires is that they live so long and I wonder what it would be like to watch people you love die and still keep going year after year. And after hundreds of years of loss and relearning to love, knowing that loss would be inevitable, I ponder the frailty of the mind and heart. So I always like seeing how different people write vampires and how those immortals deal with their longevity.

How about you? Do vampires creep you out or interest you? Any great books or movies I must read or watch? I love recommendations! :)

Comments

Popular Posts