NaNoWriMo 2015


In just two days...

I'll be participating in another NaNoWriMo! YAY!!

I love how tons of writers come together and encourage one another to get creative and write! Last year I wrote a YA supernatural fantasy called Blood and Bones, which I'm querying right now!

Writing a novel in 30 days can be done. Don't give up!

Like most creative peeps, I have a very specific formula that gets me through NaNo.

Breathe.
Eat.
Sleep.
Write!
Read.
Watch TV.
Write!
Kids.
Hubs.
Friends.
Write!
Family.
Thanksgiving Dinner.
WRITE FASTER!
Sleep.
WRITE LONGER!
All The Other Things!
Christmas shop.
WRITE THE END!

Really. I do all this. BUT...

To actually write, I use a computer. HA! No, really, I write in short blasts throughout the day. It's like sprinting. Though it's not as cute as these adorable penguins.



First, I find pockets of time for my writing blasts. It might look like thirty minutes while waiting in the pick-up line or an hour after the kids go to bed. Once I've got my time pockets, I'm faithful to them or my novel doesn't get done.

To make sure my writing blast time is successful, I plan it out. I jot down a few sentences at the top of the page, which I use as a rough outline. If I have a longer time pocket, my outline is a little longer. If I only have ten minutes, I may just plan a scene.

Once I finish my word count for the day, I brainstorm for the writing blasts the next day.

And that's it! So far, I've been able to reach 50K each NaNoWriMo.

How about you? What are your favorite tips and tricks?

If you're diving into NaNoWriMo for the first or tenth time, GOOD LUCK! And if you want a buddy, I'm here over at the NaNo site! :)


Comments

Popular Posts