NaNoWriMo 2014!





I've been busy since Halloween! Almost every free moment has been stolen by my desire to write 1,700 words a day for NaNoWriMo. I participated last year and had such a great experience (and I might be addicted...) that I had to join in again for word mania! ;)

Because I did NaNo last year, I'm doing some things a little differently this year.

  • At the end of each day, I scribble down what I need to write about the next day. This has been super helpful for me. I highly suggest doing the brainstorming the day before to save time staring at the computer screen.
  • If I can, I try to write half of my word count in during the day and half after my kids go to bed. This helps what I call BRAIN DRAIN. I should do brain crunches or something to help eliminate this problem, but I haven't figured out how to do that. 
  • I'm writing editorial notes as I go. I can't completely shut down the inner editor, so this is my compromise. Right now, I'm guessing that half of the names for people and/or places will change when I go back to edit after November. There are also many, many repetitive words that will need the assistance of a thesaurus. 

And that's it so far. If I come up with any other strategies, I'll try to write them down and blog about them. 

Are you participating in NaNo? Or do you hate the idea of writing fast and sloppy? If you're participating, let me know, and I'll cheer for you! :) 

Comments

  1. Those sound awesome! I was doing NaNoEdMo (I got Scrivener and was moving book two over, editing as I went), but yesterday I didn't even get around to mentioning all the things that were throwing off my game this week, so I'll see if I can get back on track after the appraiser comes Monday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of NaNoEdMo! I'll have to do that in January for my NaNo novel. I hope your game gets back on soon. I know you've had your hands full. Hugs to you my friend! I'm cheering for you!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts